Tuesday 11 December 2012

Soft kitty, warm kitty...

...Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty. Purr purr purr. 

Today I am writing about our 3 newest additions who joined us on the 17th October 2012...This picture was the day we picked up The 3 amigos,


The 3 Amigos...L-R: Deirdre, George & Willow.

As I already have 2 older cats
Tricky
  
Jedi
   

Who us???

It was a big decision to get 3 kittens but very much worth it, suffering from a Chronic pain condition (fibromyalgia) I find that they are a wonderful & therapeutic distraction on the bad days...like today, they are all very sensitive & have spent much of the morning on the bed with me...I know that once they have had their cat-nap they will proceed to transform into gremlins...running around the house, dangling off the curtains...jumping on the door frames & terrorising the older cats, thankfully both Tricky & Jedi have taken to the wee brood extremely well after a period of integration aka Tricky & Jedi mostly hissing or gently batting at the oblivious kittens who simply back off & await the next opportunity to bat at the unsuspecting victims tail...I half expect to find Jedi shooting through the house with the 3 kittens on her back he he he. I did invest in Pam Johnson-Bennett's 'Cat vs. Cat: Keeping Peace When You Have More Than One Cat'...this book has been invaluable to understanding how to keep all peaceful & calm as much as possible in a multi cat household (purchased from www.amazon.co.uk) as well as understanding the dynamics of said household.

Are you a cat or dog person? Do you have an unusual pet?
Do share 
x




2 comments:

  1. cute kitties, I have the 'Big Bang sheldon song' in my head now though lol, thanks!! haha.

    I am a dog person myself but I really do value pet therapy (as it is called). Sorry to hear you have Fibro, I am glad the cats help though. I have MS and spending time with my sisters dog really makes me feel better, she also seems to know when I am having a bad day and sits on my feet (Which helps the pain in lower legs) and is really gentle around me and nuzzles me more. Pets are so cute.

    Janine xx
    http://bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like dogs, but I'm not a fan of how they smell and how much care they take, cats are a lot easier but not as rewarding. I'd probably go for cats because I don't think I could commit to walking a dog on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete